NAS subcommittee- NYSC was formed with reference to the following constitution clauses.
· Clause 3.1 – advance the culture and customs of Nattukottai Chettiars in Singapore
· Clause 3.3 – To Organize cultural, educational, social and sporting activities for the members
· Clause 11.8 – The MC shall have the right to appoint sub-committees
Long Term Stabilization
· Thanneermalai and Lakshmanan S – will be the advisors for 3 years from Y2021 with each year NAS President
· By 3 years there should be a pipeline of capable and enthusiastic youth to take leadership
· Once this is established, Thanneermalai & Lakshmanana can step down or continue as appropriate at the time
Gap: Chettiar children and youth have only a limited connection to the temple – mainly for praying or attending functions. These are not attractive enough to:
· give them enough of an emotional connection to the community
· provide enough knowledge of the community
· create a strong community identity
A weak emotional connection to the community contributes to the departure of youth from the community. Having activities also enables youth to know each other. It is estimated that there are between 15 – 20 children born in Singapore each year.
Solution: Give children and youth from the age of 6 to 25 various suitable activites throughout their growing years to reinforce their identity and emotional connection to the temple.
Target Age Groups:
6 – 10 Years – Storytelling
11 – 13 Years – Nagarathar Culture Class, (Thevaram is also a pre-existing activity)
14 – 25 Years – NAS Youth Wing
Youth Wing Aim: Organize activities during each school holidays, which are:
· Cantered around the Temple
· Includes educational activities about the community
· Enables all age groups to mix together and including boys and girls
· Be fun so youth will look forward to come without any compulsion
· Organized by youth with light involvement of adults to enable youth leadership to develop
Criteria for Selecting Activities:
· Develops knowledge of traditional Chettiar or Tamil culture
· Enables participation of anyone without a pre-requisite so that all can participate, have fun and get to know each other
· Low cost so that funds need not be requested from NAS or CTS. Self-funded is best
· Not competitive but collaborative encouraging bonding
· Not too many that it is taxing
· 4 activities in each year
· Youth committee leaders – at least 1 boy and 1 girl (can be more) - 17 years and above
· Adult advisors – Lakshmanan, Thaneermalai, Palaniappan/NAS President
· Youth brainstorming group of between 6 to 10 members the ages of 14 – 18. Equal mix boys/girls. Larger pool is chosen at the beginning so that we can identify 4 to 6 capable youth for an eventual sub-committee with 2 youth leaders (1 boy & 1 girl)
· Ideas to come from youth
· March holidays: Koko at Fort Canning Park with training sessions
· June holidays: 3 day 2 night camp at the temple with traditional activities and games
· Sep holidays: Traditional games – indoor, charades
· Dec holidays – NCC class and some other event – picnic, hiking, sports
· At suitable dates: Youth cultural programs, Tamil literature programs
நகரத்தார் சங்கம் 2022 பெருமையுடன் வழங்கும் பட்டிமன்றம். தலைப்பு - வெளிநாட்டு வாழ்க்கையில், பெற்றது அதிகமா? இழந்தது அதிகமா? நாள் : 23-ஏப்ரல்-2022 நேரம் : மாலை 6 மணி. இடம் : ஶ்ரீதெண்டாயுதபாணி ஆலய திருமண மண்டபம்.
Dear Nagarathars, Nagarathar Association Singapore (NAS) received an invitation from Malaysia Tanavaisya Association (MTA) and PL. Umayal Achi Academic Excellence Awards (PLUAAEC) 2022 Organising Committee. Nagarathars who are members of NAS are kindly requested to encourage their children, who have excelled in their academics in 2020 and 2021, to apply for the awards. All applicants are to attend the awards function if cross country travel is allowed. Categories, Application Forms & Criteria: The categories for the awards: GCE O-Levels and GCE A-Levels only. Application Forms for each category are as attached. The Qualification Criteria for the Academic Excellence Awards are as follows: - 1. GCE ‘O’ Level - Minimum 7 A’s (inclusive of GCE O-Levels in English) 2. GCE ‘A’ Level - Minimum 2 A’s & 2 B’s Application Closing Date for all categories : 15th February 2022 Kindly email the required documents together with the completed application form to the Awards Organising Committee at : firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com Thank you. Warm regards, NAS 2022
I'm a cool paragraph that lives inside of an even cooler modal. Wins!
We will send you a confirmation email with the user ID and Password Details to the registered email ID.
Do you really want to delete this member?
Do you really want to delete this Participant?
Do you really want to delete this message?
Are you sure, you want to logout?
Scan pay now QR code and pay
Scan QR code
If your using desktop use your bank app to scan the QR code