NAS subcommittee- NYSC was formed with reference to the following constitution clauses.
· Clause 3.1 – advance the culture and customs of Nattukottai Chettiars in Singapore
· Clause 3.3 – To Organize cultural, educational, social and sporting activities for the members
· Clause 11.8 – The MC shall have the right to appoint sub-committees
Long Term Stabilization
· Thanneermalai and Lakshmanan S – will be the advisors for 3 years from Y2021 with each year NAS President
· By 3 years there should be a pipeline of capable and enthusiastic youth to take leadership
· Once this is established, Thanneermalai & Lakshmanana can step down or continue as appropriate at the time
Gap: Chettiar children and youth have only a limited connection to the temple – mainly for praying or attending functions. These are not attractive enough to:
· give them enough of an emotional connection to the community
· provide enough knowledge of the community
· create a strong community identity
A weak emotional connection to the community contributes to the departure of youth from the community. Having activities also enables youth to know each other. It is estimated that there are between 15 – 20 children born in Singapore each year.
Solution: Give children and youth from the age of 6 to 25 various suitable activites throughout their growing years to reinforce their identity and emotional connection to the temple.
Target Age Groups:
6 – 10 Years – Storytelling
11 – 13 Years – Nagarathar Culture Class, (Thevaram is also a pre-existing activity)
14 – 25 Years – NAS Youth Wing
Youth Wing Aim: Organize activities during each school holidays, which are:
· Cantered around the Temple
· Includes educational activities about the community
· Enables all age groups to mix together and including boys and girls
· Be fun so youth will look forward to come without any compulsion
· Organized by youth with light involvement of adults to enable youth leadership to develop
Criteria for Selecting Activities:
· Develops knowledge of traditional Chettiar or Tamil culture
· Enables participation of anyone without a pre-requisite so that all can participate, have fun and get to know each other
· Low cost so that funds need not be requested from NAS or CTS. Self-funded is best
· Not competitive but collaborative encouraging bonding
· Not too many that it is taxing
· 4 activities in each year
· Youth committee leaders – at least 1 boy and 1 girl (can be more) - 17 years and above
· Adult advisors – Lakshmanan, Thaneermalai, Palaniappan/NAS President
· Youth brainstorming group of between 6 to 10 members the ages of 14 – 18. Equal mix boys/girls. Larger pool is chosen at the beginning so that we can identify 4 to 6 capable youth for an eventual sub-committee with 2 youth leaders (1 boy & 1 girl)
· Ideas to come from youth
· March holidays: Koko at Fort Canning Park with training sessions
· June holidays: 3 day 2 night camp at the temple with traditional activities and games
· Sep holidays: Traditional games – indoor, charades
· Dec holidays – NCC class and some other event – picnic, hiking, sports
· At suitable dates: Youth cultural programs, Tamil literature programs
Nagarathar Association Singapore invites you to participate the 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐓𝐇𝐘 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐓𝐇𝐘 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓 @ 𝐉𝐮𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐋𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐆𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝟐𝟖𝐭𝐡 𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 (𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲) 𝑱𝒐𝒊𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑨𝒗𝒂𝒊𝒍 💎 𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒊𝒑𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒈𝒊𝒇𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒊𝒑𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒋𝒐𝒊𝒏 𝒆𝒊𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 1 𝒐𝒓 2 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔 💎 𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒊𝒑𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒊𝒂𝒍 𝒈𝒊𝒇𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒊𝒑𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒋𝒐𝒊𝒏 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒆 3 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔 💎 3 𝑳𝒖𝒄𝒌𝒚 𝒅𝒓𝒂𝒘 𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒛𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆 2 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒐𝒇 3 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒊𝒑𝒂𝒏𝒕 💎 𝑷𝒓𝒊𝒛𝒆𝒔 - 𝘼𝙋𝙋𝙇𝙀 𝙒𝘼𝙏𝘾𝙃/ 𝙎𝙄𝙇𝙑𝙀𝙍 𝙑𝙄𝙇𝘼𝙆𝙆𝙐 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙏𝙏𝙄/ 𝘽𝙄𝘾𝙔𝘾𝙇𝙀 𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠: 𝟏. 𝗖𝗵𝗲𝗰𝗸 https://www.nparks.gov.sg/noticeboard 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗖𝗢𝗩𝗜𝗗-𝟭𝟵 𝗮𝗱𝘃𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 https://safedistparks.nparks.gov.sg/ 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘃𝗶𝘀𝗶𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗽 𝗼𝗳 𝗻𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗸𝘀 𝗺𝗮𝗷𝗼𝗿 𝗴𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝘀𝗽𝗮𝗰𝗲𝘀. 𝟐. 𝐖𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐨𝐫 𝐫𝐮𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐩𝐬 𝐨𝐟 2. 𝐍𝐨 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐩𝐬 𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭. 𝟑. 𝗗𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗵𝗼𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝗼𝘁 𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗵𝗼𝘁𝗼 𝗽𝗼𝗶𝗻𝘁'𝘀 (5 𝗽𝗮𝘅) 𝟒. 𝗣𝗼𝘀𝘁 𝗶𝘁 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗳𝗶𝗰 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁𝘀𝗮𝗽𝗽 𝗴𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗽 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗡𝗔𝗦 𝗜𝗗 + 𝗡𝗔𝗠𝗘 𝘁𝗼 𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗶𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗴𝗶𝗳𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗟𝘂𝗰𝗸𝘆 𝗱𝗿𝗮𝘄. 𝟱. 𝐓𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐮𝐧. 𝐈𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐧𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥, 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐚 𝐝𝐨𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞. 𝟔. 𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐤𝐬! 𝐈𝐭 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐮𝐧! 𝟕. 𝐅𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐬/𝐁𝐮𝐧𝐬/𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐯𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐚𝐭 𝐂𝐚𝐫 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤.
I'm a cool paragraph that lives inside of an even cooler modal. Wins!
We will send you a confirmation email with the user ID and Password Details to the registered email ID.
Do you really want to delete this member?
Do you really want to delete this Participant?
Do you really want to delete this message?
Are you sure, you want to logout?
Scan pay now QR code and pay
Scan QR code
If your using desktop use your bank app to scan the QR code